About Me

My photo
Hello, I am a mother of three living with my husband in Africa. I have been blogging for seven years but still find myself very technologically challenged. I make lots of mistakes, but life is a journey. Come join me on the journey!

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Pressing on!

Yesterday's Word study was from Philippians 3.  Verses 13-14 took greater focus for me than ever before.  "Forgetting what lies behind" means not only the bad stuff but the good stuff I might want to sit and relish.  Each day is new!  That means I have to live each day pressing on to the finish.  I cannot say, "I've done well, so think I will sit back and rest."  As long as there is breath in me, the Father still has something for me to do.  I cannot start well and then end poorly.  Then I just get remembered as one who ended poorly.  Yes, I need to let go of the bad in the past.  But I must also set aside the good, and pursue even greater things.  Life is a marathon, not a sprint!  We must run each mile consistently with the same fervor with which we began, if we are to win the prize set before us.  Until we draw our last breath, we have not yet laid hold of it.  So press on daily!
One can imagine that by starting the day with that passage, I strained through the day.  As I laid down at night, I felt good about how I had spent the day.  Language and studying, caring for the family!  But I cannot even be content in that.  I must press on even through the rest of today to the very end.  So to my fellow travelers on the narrow road, I say, "Press on!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment