About Me

My photo
Hello, I am a mother of three living with my husband in Africa. I have been blogging for seven years but still find myself very technologically challenged. I make lots of mistakes, but life is a journey. Come join me on the journey!

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Being middle aged!

Ok, now I know many have said that I could not be middle age because people expect to live longer these days, in my family in particular.  However, it is funny that some languages, ours for example, have a word for child or for older person, but nothing for the age I am in.  It is this funky in between age.  I feel like I know nothing or at least have much to learn most days.  But some that are younger, not as far down the road as I am, look to me for encouragement and advice at times.  To add insult to injury, my body shows that I am in between both ages.  Youth have their blemished skin.  Older people have grey hair.  I would be ok to have one or the other, but both is just not right!  I guess that is what makeup and hair color are for, huh? 

I realize that this is a much more trivial post than my others but it is just another part of my life.  But before you think I am unhappy or feeling sorry for myself, let me reassure you----I love my life!  I am not in the best shape of my life, probably, but I am closer to the Father than I have ever been.  I have a super husband who is an awesome cook and leads our family to follow the Father.  I have precious children that are so sensitive about spiritual things and desire to be a part of what we are doing, which right now is learning language.  I live in Africa!!!  Which sometimes is said, "Oh, that's just part of living in Africa" and at other times is, "Living in Africa is so awesome."  I start to write "so cool" but that would not be accurate because it is so hot.  I miss many people, my parents in particular, in the states, but the Father is faithful to give me what I need each day.  I love my life!  I would not change a thing!  I am content!  I am thankful for all that I have been blessed with in my life!  Every day with the Father is a new adventure.  I cannot wait to see what tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day, etc., hold for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment