About Me

My photo
Hello, I am a mother of three living with my husband in Africa. I have been blogging for seven years but still find myself very technologically challenged. I make lots of mistakes, but life is a journey. Come join me on the journey!

Friday, November 27, 2015

The Cleft of the Rock

Yesterday's training revealed to me something so precious about this last year.  We were learning about the glory of God and how we were created in His image to reflect that glory.

In talking about glory, we talked about Moses on Mt. Sinai. Moses boldly requested to see the glory of God. The face of God's glory was too great for any man to see and live. God told Moses to go to the top of the rock. God would hide Moses in the cleft of the rock and cover him with His hand. Then Moses would see the back of His glory. Moses did not possess much glory in himself but experienced glory unlike any other, such that he had to wear a veil because his face radiated with the reflection of the glory of God.

Looking back on the last year, I feel like cancer was my cleft, a hard and rocky, uncomfortable place. It revealed again that I am a sinner, indeed, saved by grace.  However, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I was covered by the hand of God. I felt His presence and surely experienced His goodness.  I experienced His glory in a way I never would have without that hard and rocky place. If I radiate, it is because I am reflecting His glory.

In addition to His glory, we experienced additional goodness as those around us were the hands and feet of Jesus to us. As Paul said to the Galatians, "For I testify to you that, if possible, you would have gouged out your eyes and given them to me." (4:15). That may be slightly exaggerated, but we certainly felt a great level of care and concern. We are grateful for the goodness of God that we experienced this year. I am grateful to have experienced God's glory in a way I never would have without cancer.

"Blessed be Your name
In the land that is plentiful
Where your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name
And blessed be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed be Your name
Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise,
And when the darkness closes in, Lord, still I will say
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name."

No comments:

Post a Comment