About Me

My photo
Hello, I am a mother of three living with my husband in Africa. I have been blogging for seven years but still find myself very technologically challenged. I make lots of mistakes, but life is a journey. Come join me on the journey!

Saturday, December 20, 2014

He Longs To Do More!

This morning as I walked outside, I stepped into the mushy, soaked ground that resulted from the rains we have been having.  You know the kind, where the water in the grass and mud get between your toes. I was reminded of the story I read with Lydia-Ann last night as I put her to bed. We read the all familiar one about Moses leading the Israelites out of Egypt and into the wilderness.

The Israelites were fleeing the approaching Egyptian army.  The Red Sea lay before them. The Israelites were afraid. Moses was caught between a fearful people and trusting God. God commanded Moses to stretch out his hand. Then it happened.

The Sea did not draw back enough for the people to wade across.
It did not draw back enough for them to walk across.
They did not get mud between their toes.
No, they walked across on dry land.

God could have stopped earlier than He did, and the Israelites still be saved.  However, God chose to do more. We all have obstacles in our way. Many of us believe that God can remove the obstacle, but do we believe that He can really "make the ground dry"?  What obstacles do you have in your life?  He longs to do more! He longs to do imaginably more than all we can ask or imagine!

1 comment:

  1. a good reminder as I lay down to sleep after nights of sleeplessness b/c of my anxious heart.

    ReplyDelete