About Me

My photo
Hello, I am a mother of three living with my husband in Africa. I have been blogging for seven years but still find myself very technologically challenged. I make lots of mistakes, but life is a journey. Come join me on the journey!

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Neuropathy in The Body

"Peripheral neuropathy is damage or disease affecting nerves, which may impair sensation, movement, gland or organ function, or other aspects of health, depending on the type of nerve affected."

A common side effect of the chemotherapy medication I am on now is neuropathy. For some, it is more directed at the feet. For others, it may affect both hands and feet. For me, it seems to be more directed at my fingers. After the first round, the fingers on my right hand seemed to be numb a lot. After round two, it seems to be in my left hand as well, though not yet as strong as in the right.  

I looked up the definition stated above.  A spiritual analogy came to mind. 

We as believers are the Body. When the disease of fear or injections of negativity come into the Body, it often results in numbness, apathy within the rest of the Body. The parts which serve fail to sense the need and thus do not fulfill their tasks.  We must be vigilant to keep the Body healthy, so that we do not become apathetic. The origin of the infection within the Body may deny its responsibility for the inactivity of the hands and feet, however we must all as part of the Body beware of how we are causing neuropathy in the extremities. It can be easy to point fingers, but we must examine our contribution or lack of it. We must be going out beyond the Body in the shoes shod with the Gospel to those still needing to hear the Good News. We must reach out our hands to the world hurting and in need. 

Yesterday in the morning cold of the race, both hands became so cold that I could hardly feel them at all. As they thawed, the numbness remained in the pads of the finger tips. Praying that the numbness in the Body will just be from the cold and will become active again as the Body thaws in the presence of the Light.      

No comments:

Post a Comment