About Me

My photo
Hello, I am a mother of three living with my husband in Africa. I have been blogging for seven years but still find myself very technologically challenged. I make lots of mistakes, but life is a journey. Come join me on the journey!

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Feeling the Love

I realized as I sat here with my family this evening how little I expressed their love and encouragement in the midst of all of this, particularly regarding the losing of my hair. A four year old's honesty also comes with the compliments of my head wraps or my hair piece. William cuddled up next to me last week during family movie night and told me how much he loved me, hair or no hair. Mariama compliments whatever I have on my head. With my children, I almost always have my head covered. I can name on one hand the people outside of my immediate family who have seen me without my hair.

However, my best friend and love of my life has seen me many times without anything covering my head and loves me tenderly. He likes the head wraps as it reminds him of Senegal. He likes the sassy attitude the prosthesis gives. In the evenings with the kids in bed, when it is not too cold, he sees my head uncovered and caresses me. He tells me daily how beautiful I am, make that multiple times a day.

We joke that it is because of our 80's influence, be it Sinead O'Connor or Demi Moore from G.I. Jane or Annie Lennox of the Eurythmics. He jokes how unfair it is that I can still look better than him, even bald.

Nonetheless, he is near and dear and walking through this with me hand in hand. I could not be more grateful for the man that God placed in my life. I love you, Rich Finch!

No comments:

Post a Comment