About Me

My photo
Hello, I am a mother of three living with my husband in Africa. I have been blogging for seven years but still find myself very technologically challenged. I make lots of mistakes, but life is a journey. Come join me on the journey!

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Blessings of a Broken Foot

So, isn't getting out to share the whole reason why I am here?

Well...let me reflect on some blessings of the broken foot for a moment.

My kids are super and are great helpers. They have stepped up to help far more than I have been calling on them to do since our return here and certainly more than they did in the states. William and Mariama have done tons of chores, including making dinners and washing dishes. Lydia-Ann has even been a big helper in various chores as well as serving me water. I already knew I had great kids, but I have been able to appreciate them at a whole new level.

Speaking of my kids, I have had time to just spend time with them, when I might have tried to do something else. I played more with Lydia-Ann in those first few days than I have in a long time. I have taken the time to watch shows and movies with the kids that I generally do not do. I have had the opportunity to show love to my children through quality time at a new level.

My neighbors who hear about my foot have come to visit me. What a treat! I just do not get many visits on a regular basis. Some are friends who might come by occasionally, but they have come by more often knowing I cannot come to see them. Some are people who have never come to see me. Wow! Could these be open doors? Maybe. I will need to be seeking out answers to that question.

My husband is awesome! I already knew that! However, he has shown his love and care for me at a new level.  Cooking and taking care of the kids so that I can get out has been a pattern for him, but really taking care of me has not always been necessary. It is not something that just I see, but I know my kids are seeing it too. In addition those seeing our family interact are seeing the witness. I have had the chance to see my friend who is in a difficult marriage. Her husband continues to tire her, as she says. I pray with her daily and she has felt the effects in her heart of my prayers. This friend has seen me at some of my very worst moments, so she is under no illusion that I am perfect. I am trying to live a life that blesses. Due to the witness of our marriage and the effects of prayer with her, she has expressed a strong desire to study the Good News once I am recovered and able to do more.

Wow! That is what I came here to do, to share as I am going, or not going as the case may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment