About Me

My photo
Hello, I am a mother of three living with my husband in Africa. I have been blogging for seven years but still find myself very technologically challenged. I make lots of mistakes, but life is a journey. Come join me on the journey!

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Celebration Badges

Someone asked me the other day what my favorite thing about our trip to Disney was. After having so many things come to mind and telling them, it occurred to me what my favorite thing was. The badges! 

(Badges? We don't need no stinking badges! 
Ok, so now I got that out of my system.)

I loved getting to say "Happy Birthday," "Happy Anniversary," and "Congratulations" to newly weds. It was wonderful to rejoice with others. 

Yes, it was also great to wear my badge that said, "Celebrating Cancer-free." I don't think I ever had to explain what it was we were celebrating because the kids were so excited to share. I also got to brag on how awesome my husband and kids have been this year in caring for me. It was fun to get hugs and high-fives from characters. The best were Phineas and Ferb, who came out of their greeting area once they found out just to give me hugs. 

More than the congratulations from characters, though, was the opportunity to encourage others. We did not originally plan to see Fantasmic, but then we changed out fast passes to do so. Then as we entered, a cast member gave us tickets for better seats that someone else had given up. We had the best seats in the center.  The seats were made better by the family who sat behind us. The woman had been diagnosed with stage four cancer in 2012 and was given 6 months to live. She was there celebrating life with her family and has the goal of being there again in 2017. I had the pleasure of talking with her about her journey and how God, not fate, had put us together. I got to pray with her that God would continue to give her strength and joy in the journey. 

Wouldn't it be great if we could wear badges everyday to tell what we have to celebrate? Wouldn't it be great to rejoice with each other everyday? Oh, we do have badges, though they do not have pins. We have the ability to smile and tell others why we are rejoicing and ask them what they have to celebrate. How much happier would we all be if we focused on what we have to celebrate? Smile today!  Celebrate life!

No comments:

Post a Comment