About Me

My photo
Hello, I am a mother of three living with my husband in Africa. I have been blogging for seven years but still find myself very technologically challenged. I make lots of mistakes, but life is a journey. Come join me on the journey!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

William the Evanglist part 2

Most of our team has either had or has the same language teacher that Rich and I have.  She invites all of us to spend the day on all their major holidays.  Last September was one of those days.  The ladies sat near where the cooking was taking place.  The men chatted.  The children watched TV.  From that aspect, it was not much different from holidays in the states. 

Many times holidays can be good times for spiritual conversations.  However, because it is our teacher's house, we all know that she has heard the Good News multiple times and it is likely that others in the home have as well.  William had watched TV and played with the kids long enough I suppose.  After lunch, the older boys/ young men had gone into the courtyard to make tea.  William went out to join them.  Among them was a young man that spoke some English.  William told him that Jesus was not (just) a prophet and went on to tell more of the Good News. When he was done, he instructed the young man to tell his friends, so that they could have a church. 

Not having been there, I do not know exactly what William told him nor of the young man's reaction, but I am sure seeds were planted that day in his heart.  William is not going to let his age stop him from sharing.  He is taking every opportunity to share.  He has not gotten the local language down yet, but no one who knows English will get away from him without knowing the Good News if he can help it.  He has the plan for church planting down pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment