About Me

My photo
Hello, I am a mother of three living with my husband in Africa. I have been blogging for seven years but still find myself very technologically challenged. I make lots of mistakes, but life is a journey. Come join me on the journey!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

William the Evangelist part 3

Since some time has passed by and I have very few details on the following events, I will group them together.

Once again in November, we were in our neighboring country doing some shopping.  As often happens, some who work with those like us are believers and sometimes they are not yet believers.  William found an opportunity to talk with a man who was working at the guest house at which we stayed.   He was sharing with the man about Jesus and about getting to be a church if he told his friends.  Later on, I came to find out that this man had at one time claimed to follow the Road but had since turned back to his old way because of many pressures from his family life.  My prayer is that this man would be challenged by the words of this very bold, very young man to not forsake the Truth. 

On this same trip, I am not exactly sure what, but I know that both William and Mariama were sharing with another man who was also working at the place at which we were staying.

Some time later back in our hometown, I had sent the children out to play, and then later I decided to go out to greet a friend as well.  I saw them running by and asked where they were going.  William said, "To tell someone about Jesus."  "OK," was all I could get out.  I did not know who nor how it had come about.  Later I found out that the young man who spoke some English had told William that he wanted to learn more about the Jesus road.  So he was going to tell him. William has since made several visits to this young man.  Maybe Rich or one of the young men here who have been following the Truth will get to visit with this young man soon. 

Both William and Mariama have told our house helper about Jesus in English.  Unfortunately her English is not nearly as good.  I know she has not understood most if any of what they have said.  I pray though that I will soon be able to water whatever seeds they have planted and see fruit abundant. 

Sometimes we who have been in the Family for too long get caught up in saying just the right words or even if we know enough to share.  Sometimes those of us overseas get caught up in whether we know the language well enough yet to communicate clearly.  As William and Mariama remind me, the important thing is to get the Good News out and then let the Almighty do the rest.  We have told them that we are hear to tell the people about Jesus.  When they ask how long we will be here, we tell them until the people have heard.  So they are doing their part to make sure the people hear.  Am I making the most of every opportunity like they are??  I need to get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment