About Me

My photo
Hello, I am a mother of three living with my husband in Africa. I have been blogging for seven years but still find myself very technologically challenged. I make lots of mistakes, but life is a journey. Come join me on the journey!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

William the Evangelist part 1

I am way overdue for starting this series.  I will try to catch up without missing too much.  The first in this series actually took place May of last year.  We were on our shopping trip to a neighboring country where English is the first language. 

We had gone to a restaurant our first night there.  This restaurant is especially nice because they have a fabulous play area out front.  You can sit on the patio in front of the restaurant and watch the kids play.  William and Mariama were out playing of course and busy making new friends.  One of the girls they played with was named Christina.  That night as they were getting ready for bed, they told me that Christina had been sick that day and they said they wanted to pray for her to feel better.  I said ok, and was praying inwardly that they did not get sick as well.  William also prayed that she would tell other people about Jesus.  Since it was late, I left well enough alone.

The next day, we went to a grocery store and as we were checking out, who should come in??  Christina with her mother and a sibling, I think.  William and Mariama yelled across half of the store that they had prayed for her.  I asked them not to yell across the store, but because they did so, conversation was initiated with the workers hanging around the cash registers.  Christina and her mom came over and they shared once again that they had prayed for her.  William's retelling of his prayer lead to him laying it out there that those hearing needed to follow Jesus.

As we got into the truck when we left, I took the opportunity to remind him that we needed to pray th atthe person knows Jesus personally before we pray that they tell others.  Because of the yelling across the store, I wanted to shrink in embarrassment.  However, I could not have hidden anymore than a  Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade balloon could have. I am still so filled with pride at how bold they were and are.  

No comments:

Post a Comment