About Me

My photo
Hello, I am a mother of three living with my husband in Africa. I have been blogging for seven years but still find myself very technologically challenged. I make lots of mistakes, but life is a journey. Come join me on the journey!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Blessed beyond measure!

"If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall your Father, who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!"  Matthew 7: 11

I do not think I could have felt possibly more blessed than I felt yesterday!  The Father showered me with good gifts!  I will start with the insignificant and move to the most significant.

First of all, we did not just get one or two packages in the mail, one of which was for Easter, but three, one of which was for my birthday, still 3 weeks away.  We were so blessed with all the goodies, even the noisy toys from grandma.  We got candy, pajamas for the kids, a maternity top for me, a couple of outfits for baby, batteries, and bacon!  I am waiting until my birthday to get the rest of the birthday box.  My mom has really outdone herself lately.

Second, Rich went to pick up our new air conditioner unit.  We were trying to tough it out by waiting as long as we could to get one, but the time came that we just could not sleep at night.  It actually got to Rich sooner, but as soon as he had ordered it, I began being unable to sleep well either.  And for me, that problem will only increase over the next two to three months.  He knew that and did not want me to suffer from lack of sleep or his grumpiness from his lack of sleep.  My husband takes such good care of me!

Third, the Father was protecting my son from his own folly, when my six-year-old thought he would see how sharp my husband's razor was and shave his own head in the shower.  He shaved just a little patch of hair off and then a chunk off his thumb.  I was so thankful that the chunk was not out of his head, and that the thumb could be covered with a simple regular band-aid.  Anything that can be covered with a band-aid cannot be that bad.  Thank You Lord for Your protection over my son. 

Fourth, I got an email from my mother.  It is such a blessing to hear how happy they are these days.  They are the happiest they have ever been as they approach their 50th wedding anniversary in August!  In a day and age where 50th anniversaries are rare, and happier ones even more, it is a blessing to see.  It is also a blessing to have a father who is man after God's own heart, which is equally rare in this day and age.

Fifth, I had a short but good visit with a friend.  When I arrived, she was washing baby stuff by hand and then washing the baby.  Then she was ready to help me with my language class homework while she nursed her baby.  After we were done with the homework, I had her listen to a couple of the beatitudes that I am memorizing for my pronunciation.  She acknowledged them as truth and good, despite the fact that Jesus said them.  This is a small step, but significant as I get closer to sharing more and more truth with her. 

I was blessed beyond measure yesterday!  I am living the Great Adventure on my way to Paradise! (Yes, I have been listening to that one Stephen Curtis Chapman's greatest hits tape that we have.)  I cannot wait to see what the Father has in store for the future!

2 comments:

  1. I love how God is taking care of you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! You do sound blessed! Take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete