About Me

My photo
Hello, I am a mother of three living with my husband in Africa. I have been blogging for seven years but still find myself very technologically challenged. I make lots of mistakes, but life is a journey. Come join me on the journey!

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Future Direction

Ok, so in traveling, things do not always go my way. I can become a little, ok sometimes a lot, frustrated over it. Then God sometimes shows me why things do not go my way.

Last week, we did lots of touring around Germany. We did not make it to everything I wanted, but we did a lot. We did so much that my family collapsed on the benches of the Marketplatz in Frankfurt. (There are worse places that I could have been taking in the view as they rested.) Subsequently, the following day as we had a layover in Madrid, my family was not up for rushing out for a quick view of the city. I was a little downcast, but I knew fighting it would not be worth it.

As we passed our time in the airport, we spent time with another family we know that was traveling our same route. It was a blessing for me to have extra time with this wonderful mentoring woman. She asked if we had heard anything yet on our future position.

I told her that we had not heard anything from those making the decision, but we had heard from God through others that this is indeed the direction to which we are to move. It almost felt strange to be so assured of His direction, almost prideful, but not in ourselves. It is hard for us to conceive that this would not be the direction we would go, with so much confirmation from others, but we are also aware that God can surprise us. If the direction we are going is not the direction that others agree with, then we know He has something even greater. It will not be greater for us, so much as greater for His purposes and His glory.

In talking with her, she put what I was feeling into words. "If this is the direction, God has this. If it is not, also, God has this."

Then she encouraged me to be praying that the position we go into would be the most fulfilling place for my husband, especially as he goes into mid-life. Men in mid-life, as she shared, want to know their lives count and to be doing what they love and about which they are passionate.  Once again, more confirmation to the direction we have sensed. Nonetheless, it is more clear direction in praying for wherever we go next.

We hope to hear soon about our future plans, so please be praying for wisdom on behalf of all involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment