About Me

My photo
Hello, I am a mother of three living with my husband in Africa. I have been blogging for seven years but still find myself very technologically challenged. I make lots of mistakes, but life is a journey. Come join me on the journey!

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Jamie's Story Continues

In "No Need for Embarassment," readers were introduced to Jamie, Jennifer's sister-in-law. Jamie had expressed a willingness to study the Word and yet schedules never seemed to coincide. Then I was out of town for a few weeks. Since returning, we were busy catching up on things not done while I was out of town and preparing for the celebration of the birth of our Lord. The Father has a way of orchestrating events, even though not exactly as we would plan.

Since Jennifer's husband died, I have had more opportunity to spend time with Jamie. Jennifer is not from our target people group and language but from a very close language. Jamie is actually from our target people, the language we thought we had learned. Since Jamie has been over more, I have found out how much of my language is actually from the close language, not the one I thought I had learned. I knew I needed to improve my language, but I did not realize how much.

So Jamie has been coming, and I have purposed to pray with her every visit, with a few exceptions. Then we decided to bless some of our neighbors, friends, and workers with buckets of rice, onions, lemons, soap, and a copy of Mark. We gave one of the buckets to Jamie on Christmas Eve.

On Christmas Day, Jamie came to check on us, after we had been involved in an accident. She and I talked about the accident and a few other cultural things. Then she shared something precious with me. She had taken the bucket home and showed it to her family. She had read Mark some that afternoon. Then a movie of the life of Jesus was on television. It showed the part she had just read. She told her husband that she had just read it, and they sat down with their children to watch the rest of the movie. She saw where He died on the cross and then came back to life again. We talked a little about how He was not like other people because He was without sin.

Lift up Jamie and her family as they continue seeking the Truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment