About Me

My photo
Hello, I am a mother of three living with my husband in Africa. I have been blogging for seven years but still find myself very technologically challenged. I make lots of mistakes, but life is a journey. Come join me on the journey!

Saturday, October 24, 2015

No Need for Embarassment!

After years of hearing stories, my friend Jennifer was drawn closer to the Truth as she saw love lived out in our marriage. She was seeking but was just not sure, not ready to commit. We returned to the states after being told I might have cancer, and she was left to study with another.  She was still unsure and scared.  Then one day, she had a dream.

She saw a vision of a person in gleaming white clothes. The vision told her that I would be healed and that her sins were forgiven. The vision appeared and spoke the same words three times. After she woke up, she went to the other with whom she was studying. This other lady was able to explain the dream, after which Jennifer was ready to commit.

Jennifer afterwards walked in confidence in my healing and her forgiveness, even to the point of going to share in villages and sharing with her best friend, as well as telling her husband and mother about her choice. Others though doubted. Jennifer's sister-in-law, who has worked for Americans before and seen them leave and never return, told Jennifer that we would not be returning.

So after I had been told that I was cancer free and recovered from my last surgery, I called Jennifer to tell her when we were coming back to our home here. She was so happy. She went to tell her mother. Her sister-in-law nearby heard and was embarrassed. We returned and Jennifer was going to cook for us. As she went to the market, she met up with some of her family. She told them she was going to buy to cook for us. Once again, her sister-in-law, Jamie, was embarrassed.

The day after Jennifer told me about Jamie's embarrassment, I was praying and felt strongly the need to encourage Jennifer. After all, Jamie did not have to feel ashamed because she was wrong. This was an opportunity for Jennifer to share about her dream that I would be healed and would return and the forgiveness of sin she had experienced. It was a door to share that what the Lord promises, He will do. As I shared this encouragement with Jennifer, she shared that she had felt the same impression and was planning to see Jamie that day to tell her she did not need to be embarrassed and invite her to study with her. We rejoiced together that the Lord had spoken to both of us and thanked Him for how He was going to work.

The next day Jennifer shared with me how she had gone to share with Jamie. That weekend was a holiday, but she agreed to begin studying after the holiday was passed. Since that time, Jennifer has been sick or there have been funerals near her family, such that we have been unable to meet to study. Lift up Jennifer's sister-in-law, Jamie, to continue seeking the truth and a time to be found to study together.

No comments:

Post a Comment