About Me

My photo
Hello, I am a mother of three living with my husband in Africa. I have been blogging for seven years but still find myself very technologically challenged. I make lots of mistakes, but life is a journey. Come join me on the journey!

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Get the Stink Off!

Whenever we go through struggles, our bodies can react in different ways. My struggles and your struggles are not the same, but that does not mean they are not struggles.  How my body reacts and how yours reacts are different.  After having the flu and some very emotional days lately, I was just worn out today. I rested. I wanted to rest some more. However, I made myself get up and out, and I am so glad I did. 

Don't get me wrong. Sometimes fatigue is your body's way of telling you what you need. I laughed to myself a few weeks ago. While waiting at radiation, I overheard a conversation between two other patients.  One woman talked about going home and being tired, so she used some anointing oil and rebuked that demon. Now we have become users of essential oils, though not as strictly as some.  However, their bodies going through all they were, probably just needed rest.  I wanted to shout, "Take a nap!"

Then there comes a time when you just have to
"Shake it off!"
"Go on, get out there. Get the stink off." 
"You are one workout from a good mood," as a friend says. 

It comes time to stop focusing on the struggle and move on to the next thing.  I felt the stress and strain of the last few weeks run off my shoulders. The sun shone on my face. So when it is time to rest, rest! When it is time to move on, get up and out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment