About Me

My photo
Hello, I am a mother of three living with my husband in Africa. I have been blogging for seven years but still find myself very technologically challenged. I make lots of mistakes, but life is a journey. Come join me on the journey!

Friday, June 27, 2014

Jennifer's Story Continues

After feeling convicted to pray with Jennifer about her family, I began praying with her daily for her family as well as her own strength. She and I began studying together and she seemed earnest in her desire to know more. Then she felt pressure again from family so she did not want to study at her house, but we would still study at my house. Jennifer got sick and so we could not study for a couple of weeks. Then I left for a month and half. I was concerned about her continued growth but prayed that her heart would still be open.

When I returned, our schedule was packed with summer volunteers and preparing for language evaluations for team members. When Jennifer was available, I was busy or worn out. She expressed frustration earlier this week that she was feeling forgotten. I told her that she certainly was not, but it has just been so many other things. A teammate the other day passed her house and visited with her.

While the teammate visited with her, a family member expressed a desire to hear about the Way also. However, this was not just any family member, but rather one of her in-laws who have not been open before. What a fabulous opportunity for the teammate to arrange a time to share with another person soon. So after visiting for a while, the teammate had told Jennifer about a wedding in a nearby village. Jennifer agreed to go.

Yesterday, Jennifer went to the wedding, but it was not just our teammate. A local brother went with them too. This brother does not miss any opportunity when people are gathered to share about the Way. Jennifer listened intently and was so excited to hear the Truth from one who can share so much more clearly than either my teammate or I could.

Jennifer had to tell me all about it this morning. She is so excited and ready to go study with the local
brother soon.  It is so great to see her so happy that she seems to glow.

Lift up Jennifer as she continues to grow and follow hard in the Way.  Lift her up as she goes to ask her husband for permission to study the Way and not fast, the month of which begins tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment