About Me

My photo
Hello, I am a mother of three living with my husband in Africa. I have been blogging for seven years but still find myself very technologically challenged. I make lots of mistakes, but life is a journey. Come join me on the journey!

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

It's Not About You!

When things go well, we say, "Yea me!" Or maybe if we are being really spiritual, we will say, "God has blessed me." When things do not go well, we say, "Woe is me." Or to be really spiritual, we say, "Satan is against me." But it is not all about me! Or you!

God is the Creator of all things! By Him all things have been created, but it is not for our sakes that we have been created.

God the Sustainer is the One who keeps this world turning in its place rather than drifting a smidge closer to the sun and keeps us breathing. We do not take one breath or one step without His enabling our bodies to do so.

God Almighty is the Glorious One worthy of all our praise! All that we do is to be done to His glory!

Not mine! Whether in good times or bad, it's not about me!

How often do we comfort the one going through struggles with Romans 8:28? "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose."  We try to tell the struggler that it will all work out for their good. But it is not about them! It is about accomplishing His purposes. Yes, His purposes will in the end be best for me, though it may not feel like it at the time. It might not fit in to my definition of best, but it will be because it will make me more clearly able to reflect Him!

So whatever happens between now and the day's end, give Him glory, for He alone is worthy!  He sent his Son that we might be made in right relationship to Him. What a glorious salvation! Let us spread this Glorious news wherever we go today! Let us give Him all glory, honor, and praise!

"The Lord giveth and The Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of The Lord!"

No comments:

Post a Comment