About Me

My photo
Hello, I am a mother of three living with my husband in Africa. I have been blogging for seven years but still find myself very technologically challenged. I make lots of mistakes, but life is a journey. Come join me on the journey!

Saturday, November 30, 2013

"When Do I Get to Study?"

In spite of my earlier post about my own shortcomings the last few months, the Father has been busy at work around me. A friend has seen how my husband has cared for me since I broke my foot. I have been able to pray with her on a daily basis. A family member of hers is teaching one of our new teammates.

Our new teammate loves to study the Word! Each Friday she and her teacher read from the Good
News in order to learn vocabulary and practice pronunciation. Each afternoon when they have class, the teacher stops for a break to pray. The new teammate studies the Word while the teacher prays. The teacher has told my friend how much the new teammate loves to study.

My friend came to me to ask when she and I can study. She is begging to study the Word. She is hungry. Does my passion for the Word drive others to want to study it as well?  Based on the last couple of months, I would have to say not so much. However I desire to have that passion for the Word which my teammate has displayed for her teacher. "As the deer panteth for the water, so my soul longeth after Thee." Make this be true of me. Give me a greater passion and hunger for Your Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment