About Me

My photo
Hello, I am a mother of three living with my husband in Africa. I have been blogging for seven years but still find myself very technologically challenged. I make lots of mistakes, but life is a journey. Come join me on the journey!

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A Friend's Marriage

I had seen my friend several times in a week. She seemed to be weighed down by something but she was not yet willing to share what was going on inside her.

One day, I offered to help her by loaning her some money to take care of her diabetic husband who was injured and needed to go to the doctor. The flood gates opened and she poured out her heart.

Her husband apparently has another woman in another town, which is another reason for him to go there in addition to taking care of some family property.  My friend works to pay for everything that she and her son need. Her husband, while not making much money and for the most part unemployed, sends what money he does get, she suspects, to the other woman.

As if this were not enough, she lives in the home with her husband's family. She feels like an outsider in her own home, as if everyone else in the family knows what is going on besides her. Praying for my dear friend in a difficult situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment