About Me

My photo
Hello, I am a mother of three living with my husband in Africa. I have been blogging for seven years but still find myself very technologically challenged. I make lots of mistakes, but life is a journey. Come join me on the journey!

Friday, May 24, 2013

Random Obscure Women of the Bible


I wrote an earlier post about women at different stages of life being used by God. One of those women was Jael, who was used to kill Sisera, an enemy of the Israelites. She was simply at her home, doing the work of her stage of life, who was given the opportunity to aid in defeating the enemy. In addition to Jael, The Lord has been revealing to me other unnamed obscure women of the Bible that He used for His purposes.

In 2 Samuel 17, a woman was at her home, where two servants of David sought refuge. They hid in the well. She spread a cloth over the well and then the grain over the cloth. This is a task she likely would have been doing anyway, such that the pursuers would have thought nothing of it. Once the pursuers were gone, she helped them out and they returned to David. She was faithfully administering her duties while keeping her eyes open for opportunities to be used by The Lord.

In 2 Samuel 20, Joab was pursuing the enemies of David. The enemies had fled into a city. A woman in the city called to Joab that was about to overtake the city. She asked for what reason Joab was there. After Joab told her, she vowed to throw the enemy head over the wall. She went to the other citizens. They worked together to kill the enemy. They threw the head over and the town was saved. A woman just doing what she would have been doing had the awareness and boldness to seize the opportunity amidst going about her daily work.

Though no one may ever know my name, maybe I will be faithful to serve The Lord in the every day activities of caring for my family and home.

No comments:

Post a Comment