About Me

My photo
Hello, I am a mother of three living with my husband in Africa. I have been blogging for seven years but still find myself very technologically challenged. I make lots of mistakes, but life is a journey. Come join me on the journey!

Saturday, April 14, 2012

God uses Mariama to get me where He wanted me.

The other day, Mariama was begging me to let her go to a friend's house.  I like the people at the house, one of my best friends here lives there.  However the house is not within eyesight nor earshot.  After a few incidences here, I don't really like her going somewhere by herself unchaperoned.  William was busy.  Rich was busy.  I was hoping to get some computer work done.  If you have not met Mariama, well, she can be very persistent.  When it comes to candy and snacks and things, it can be easy to let her down.  Wanting to get out to be with friends and work on her language is a little harder to do, because that is something we want for her to do.

So, I got myself up and ready and took her to the house.  We arrived to find out that my friend was not there.  She had gone to the village to celebrate a marriage with her family on Easter.  While she was still there a day later, they found out that her grandfather in the capital had died.  So she was staying there until the body was brought down for burial. 

I was talking with the grandmother in the house and another lady.  The Father put in my mouth to begin discussing that it is sad and yet the way of the world.  All are born and all will die, since Adam and Eve.  I used it as an opening to share how sin entered the world and then the Father's command of sacrifice.  However, a sacrifice without repentance is worthless.  The people's sacrifices had become a stench to the Father.  (I know the woman was tracking with me to this point because she was repeating/ answering questions.)  Then the Father promised a Savior to be our perfect sacrifice.  I told her what was said about the one who would come and how Jesus fulfilled all those things. 

I really do not know where this woman's heart is.  She is an older lady who I had prayed with numerous times.  Please ask the One who gives the growth to grow this seed that has been planted in this woman's heart.

Thank you Mariama for getting me to a place I needed to be to share what this woman needed to hear!

1 comment: