About Me

My photo
Hello, I am a mother of three living with my husband in Africa. I have been blogging for seven years but still find myself very technologically challenged. I make lots of mistakes, but life is a journey. Come join me on the journey!

Monday, May 30, 2011

This is why we are here!

Lately, it seems that I am constantly striving to find balance in my life.  One week I hardly get out of the house for anything, and cabin fever quickly sets in on me.  Another week, I get out more than I expected, but then I find myself getting way behind on the kids' home school.  Recently, Rich has begun to help me do some of the teaching for home school a few hours at a time, so that I can get other things accomplished and he can do what he needs to as well.

Last week, it came to my attention that a trip needed to be made to a village to which I have gone once.  I was going to have language class early that morning, but then I could go---if Rich would cover a whole day of home school. That was going to be more than he had done before, but I was confident that he could do it. 

After class, I came by the house to pick up Lydia-Ann, and then we headed out to pick up a local "sister".  We headed out to the village, but the day was quickly getting away from us.  We arrived and did the usual greeting.  A gentleman arrived and after a while inquired why no one had come back to teach them.  A volunteer team had come last year and taught a few stories, but they have not returned yet.  This "sister" translates for most of our teams, so she explained that she had not returned because the volunteers had not.  I explained that we have work here in town, but that we would be glad to come teach if someone was waiting. 

The gentleman then began asking questions, some really good questions.  Our "sister" let me answer and then would help me know what needed to be clearer based on the expression the man showed in response to my words.  He asked for clarification on who wrote the Book, what the cross was, and from where the Son came.  I tried my best to answer all of these and explain the virgin birth.  Wow!  "Sister" said we would ask the ladies for questions after lunch.  Before we could do that though, he asked for Rich and I to come back to teach the people there, about twenty to twenty-five people on the next Tuesday. 

Wow!  This is why we are here.  To share the Truth with those that are hungry.  This man was hungry and had gotten just enough from the volunteers to whet his appetite.  I still feel so inadequate to share the Word, because I just do not know if I can answer all the questions that will arise in a way that he can understand clearly.  However, the Spirit filled and spoke on that day, and He is faithful to be there the next time.  Tomorrow we go to the village to share with them all.  Our "sister" will be going with us to serve as back up.  Lift up our family as we go to share, because the enemy does not let go of his territory without a fight and the road to get there is rough.

1 comment:

  1. That's great Lisa!! And exactly why you are there! And never underestimate your ability to share the Word...it is in all of us....we just have to speak it! Love and prayers your way!

    Stacy Hillestad

    ReplyDelete