About Me

My photo
Hello, I am a mother of three living with my husband in Africa. I have been blogging for seven years but still find myself very technologically challenged. I make lots of mistakes, but life is a journey. Come join me on the journey!

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Mariama the Evangelist part 2

Mariama went outside when she got done with her home school work on Friday.  She was visiting with our day guard and a friend of his who spoke English.  I thought Mariama was telling the other young man about teaching him English.  She was also telling him that she would be willing to study the Word with him if he wanted to learn more about the Truth.  She was almost overwhelmed that she now had several people to whom she would teach the Word.
The following day a man came by that I did not recognize and was asking for Mariama.  It seemed very strange to me, so Rich went out with her.  It was the young man from the previous day.
Today, I was visiting with a teammate, who also has our day guard work once a week at her house.  She said he was retelling what had happened with Mariama the day before.  Mariama was talking with the friend and then the friend was translating for our guard.  She said that they questioned whether it was really Mariama or some spirit, because she was talking so seriously about things much too advanced for a 5 year old.  My reaction was that it was indeed a spirit--the Holy Spirit.  The Author promises that His word will not return void and that no speaking of the Truth is wasted.
Mariama has a clear vision for what we are supposed to be doing.  She also has quite a personality, but this is an example of that personality being channeled in the right direction.   She is a little ball of fire!

No comments:

Post a Comment