About Me

My photo
Hello, I am a mother of three living with my husband in Africa. I have been blogging for seven years but still find myself very technologically challenged. I make lots of mistakes, but life is a journey. Come join me on the journey!

Thursday, October 16, 2014

God is Good!

I wrote this blog Sunday, but I am just now posting it.

Last weekend, I took my wonderful hubby out for his birthday. As we pulled into the parking lot for the movie, there was a lady giving testimony on the radio. She apparently had been concerned about a lump that was found, but it turned out to not be cancer. She was telling of the goodness of God. While I can understand giving praise to God for good results, I was disturbed to hear that as a basis for His goodness. 

God is good because He is good, not because I get the result I want. God is sovereign and in charge, whether it is the way I want things or not. 

Because my tests were positive for cancer, does that mean God ceases to be good? Absolutely not!

When Jesus did not go right away to Lazarus, upon hearing of his friend's illness, did He stop being good? No! Instead He received greater glory upon raising Lazarus to life again. 

As I read my study this morning, it asked how I might talk to Jesus differently if He were sitting right beside me. Initially, I thought I would ask for Jesus to take away the pain I have in my knees and other joints as a result of this week's treatment. I know my sweet faith healing friends would say He would touch my knees and remove the pain. However, I would then jump up to serve Him, in my very Martha fashion. Instead, He might choose to leave the pain to keep me still before Him, sitting like Mary at His feet, remembering that He is God. 

So whether I get the result I want or not, I will praise the Lord! 
"He gives and takes away, he gives and takes away,
my heart will choose to say, Blessed be the name of the Lord." 

1 comment:

  1. Very well said, Lisa. God is good all the time - He is sovereign and He is always worthy to be praised. I will pray for your strength and your bold and beautiful testimony.

    ReplyDelete