About Me

My photo
Hello, I am a mother of three living with my husband in Africa. I have been blogging for seven years but still find myself very technologically challenged. I make lots of mistakes, but life is a journey. Come join me on the journey!

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Jennifer's Story Continued

Jennifer is a friend that I have written about before several times. She is the friend who has struggled in her marriage relationship, and she was so touched by how Rich took care of me when my foot was broken. She is the one whose family was remembering the dead years after the fact. She is the one who begged to study, asking when she would get her chance to study.  I have been praying with Jennifer everyday that I see her, sometimes multiple times in the same day.

The other day Jennifer came to tell me that she will not be going with most of her family to a religious celebration this week. She said that it was because she did not want to leave her work. However, deep in my heart I sense that there is more to the story. Could it be wishful thinking? Sure. Could it be that she has become so disenchanted with the religious rituals that have failed to bring her peace that she sees no point in going? Yes. This is my prayer. Praying that she is above all things seeing that there is more than one road, is seeking the Truth, and that soon she will realize she must choose only one road. As we often say, you have two feet but you can only walk one road.

I told Jennifer that we would definitely study, since she was not going to be going out of town. Pray that I will share with her what she needs to hear. Pray that she will feel loved and valued by her Heavenly Creator. Pray that she will know the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment