About Me

My photo
Hello, I am a mother of three living with my husband in Africa. I have been blogging for seven years but still find myself very technologically challenged. I make lots of mistakes, but life is a journey. Come join me on the journey!

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Sometimes things just do not go like you want.

In early July, things were crazy busy with trying to squeeze in a few weeks of school before heading to the capitol and trying to get out to share as well.  Several weeks in a row I had tried to make contact and have been fairly successful in contacting a particular group of women.  One Friday, I realized how much I had neglected another group who had been eager to learn in the past.  I was not really sure where to go visit but felt lead to go to this house that I had not visited in a while. 

I entered the home and greeted everyone there. A young man that I did not recognize was there. He turned out to to be the son of the lady that I was there to visit. Since she has such young children as well, I was taken a bit off guard a bit, though I am not sure why.  The women begin having children here so early and continue to late, that it is not unusual for their children and grandchildren to be the same age. 

As I sat and visited, the conversation never went very deep.  People passed by just to greet the white woman or would stand outside the gate and stare.  At points, it felt so wasteful to just be sitting there. I had to look at it as just building relationships, which i do not often get to do. i have since questioned whether staying there was the right decision or not.  Was there someone waiting to hear the good news that I should have gone to see instead?  Was spending this time just being there worth my time? Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment